March 25, 2007

Aunt Gerti's RX { Occasionally }

Isn't that a silly title for this card? : ) Let me explain... this cute patterned paper is from SEI ~Aunt Gerti's Garden~flower bed & plot of dots.
The RX image is from a Stampin' Up! 2004 set called "Occasionally." I've stamped it in chocolate brown and embossed it with a clear embossing powder to give it a sheen. I'm not sure you can tell in the photo, but I've punched a hole in the cardstock with my 1-3/8" square punch. The RX image is punched out with the 1-1/4" punch and attached on the inside with stampin dimensionals so it fits in perfectly in the window. :) "Thinking of You" is a $1 M's stamp and the pink/white polka dot ribbon is from M's as well. Inside sentiment: "Wishing you a speedy recovery".

I've been wanting to try and make a Triangle Trifold card and since I had some scraps of Gerti's paper out, I found the tutorial on Splitcoast Stampers and started in. It's really a clever way to create a card and not as difficult as it appears! : )


8 comments:

Suzi said...

Love that color combo. So cute. I love how you used my favorite new tool: the slit punch. I'm gonna have to try that on something.

Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

Cute card! I haven't used Occasionally in such a LONG time! I forgot I had it! Love how you used it!

Jami Speidel said...

This turned out really cute! Is this card going to HI???

Anonymous said...

I love how you used the papers. I have owned that pack for a while now. I stuggle using it. THank you for the inspiratio to get it out again!

Jami Speidel said...

Nice tri-fold!!!

shuggy said...

i love this card! it's so cute!!!

QuiltNut Creations said...

great card. i have that paper too and just love it!

Thanh Vo said...

LOVEEEEEEEEE the colour combo, Pam!