May 28, 2007

{ Have FUN Every Day! }

While I had this paper and stamp set out, I decided to make another card with a little different layout than the one I made yesterday. For added texture, I used my Cuttlebug Stylized Flowers embossing folder on the left side. Also, I stamped the sentiment block with ruby red and embossed with clear embossing powder. The largest scalloped square is punched with a Marvy Uchida clever lever punch and then the edges are punched with a 1/16" hand punch. There is also a little paper piercing in the right corners, but that's difficult to see in the photo. Really, a very quick and easy card!

I just posted a Virtual Swap at The Stamp Shack using two of my new stamps. One is of Noah's Ark by Rubber Stampede. I got this on clearance at M's for $3 and the other is of a tropical landscape that I picked up on our vacation to Hawaii. So, I need to get busy stamping images now and get them in the mail tomorrow. I love the virtual swaps as it's so fun to see how different the cards can be using the exact same image. Everyone has their own unique design and coloring ideas! In case you haven't heard of this type of swap, this is how it works: someone decides to host and offers to mail one or two images to each one that signs up. After we receive the images and create our cards, we post them to the gallery at The Stamp Shack for all to see. I'm not sure whose original idea this was, but the first one I did were hosted by Nancy (directmailscrapper). It's a fantastic way to share ideas with little expense! : )

2 comments:

Sharon in NE said...

I really like the layout and paper of this card.

The virtual swap sounds like fun...I won't try it this time as I have VBS, etc. keeping me busy but I'll watch for your card.

btw...the pics of the reunion are at Tazouka. Vicki is a Northeast NE girl too. http://vickichrisman.blogspot.com/

Alhambra Club said...

Another great card, don't think I am ready for the swap thing as yet, need some more stamping experience first.