June 02, 2007

For my "Mr. Wonderful" on our 34th Anniversary ~


It's really doubtful that my wonderful husband ever reads my blog, but I would still like to wish him a very HAPPY 34th Anniversary today! :) The years have flown by and it's hard to believe we've been married this long. I was only 19 and he was just 21. We had jobs, but no money saved, one car, and rented an apartment. What we did have was a deep love, strong faith, and a relationship that began with a trusted friendship. His nickname is "MW" (Mr. Wonderful) because he really is. He's my best friend, my rock of gibraltar, and he makes me SMILE, even when I don't want to! :)

Making "guy" cards is not easy for me and I don't have that many appropriate images, especially for an anniversary card. All I could think of was to use this masculine looking patterned paper by Basic Grey. Hopefully, the scalloped circle punch doesn't look to feminine. I did the piercing and distressed thinking that would help. :) No matter what, I know Jim will like it. I show him almost all the cards that I make and he always says, "You've got skills!" :) So, this card is for him, with love, forever...and always.

Last night, I was blogging and saw this fantastic layout sketch on Beate's blog, "Fresh & Fun". It was just the inspiration I needed for this card. I love this layout and will probably use it often now. If you haven't already, you must check out Beate's blog...it's FABULOUS!

Supplies: Patterned paper - Basic Grey Hang 10. SU Kraft cardstock & chocolate chip ink. Love stamp by Stampabilities. Small forever stamp is by Stampin' Up! Expressive Flexible Phrases. Making Memory brads & clip. SU chocolate and taupe ribbon.

8 comments:

Alhambra Club said...

Great card, I have he same problem with masculine cards, but think you hit the mark with this one.

Melissa said...

It's perfect! Happy anniversary from one June bride to another!

Anonymous said...

This is a great anniversary card! Love it. "You've got skill, Pam!!!" *grin*

Happy Anniversary!

Allison Rankin said...

This is an awesome card!

Unknown said...

Love your card, Pam! Happy Anniversary! Hope you and Jim are having a wonderful day!
Donna

Nancy said...

Happy Anniversary! Your story sounds like ours... 20 and 22, no car, teeny tiny apartment... our 16th anniversary was yesterday

Michele Kovack said...

Happy anniversary! Love the card!

Sherri Thacker said...

Happy Anniversary!