July 15, 2007

Hang in There! { Scalloped Punch Week - Card 1 }

Happy Sunday to you ALL
from Changito the Monkey!

Yesterday, I was 'missing in action' as hubby and I took a quick day trip to Omaha and did a little shopping and went out for lunch. He thought he *needed* some new duck decoys for hunting and I thought I *needed* to go to Archivers to see what was new in the world of paper crafting! :) I bought a few more patterned papers in the "Hit the Beach Collection" by Flair Designs and a fun acrylic stamp set by Hero Arts - "Friendship Messages". I certainly didn't *need* it, but I had a 25% coupon that I HAD to use, of course! :)

On to my card of the day... the minute I saw "Changito" hanging from his lone branch, I knew I had to have him! :) Isn't he just the cutest little monkey ever?! Again, I bought him from my favorite eBay seller - Michelle at Stampers Dream. Changito was colored with prismas and then I doodled around the edge. The background paper is by Cloud 9 Design and it's named "Leaf Your Troubles Behind". How appropriate is that?!! :) I've framed the image with the square scalloped punch by Marvy Uchida. Since it wasn't quite large enough, I improvised and hid the open corners by layering on the green 'photo corners'. Those were created using my 1-1/4" square punch and cutting it in half diagonally.

Quotes for the Day ~

LIFE
can be a challenge for all of us at times and having a good sense of humor and positive attitude helps get us through those trying times.

~ When you come to the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on. ~Franklin D. Roosevelt


~ When you get into a tight place and everything goes against you, till it seems as though you could not hang on a minute longer, never give up then, for that is just the place and time that the tide will turn. ~Harriet Beecher Stowe

~ What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us. ~Ralph Waldo Emerson


~ Most of us, swimming against the tides of trouble the world knows nothing about, need only a bit of praise or encouragement - and we will make the goal. ~Jerome Fleishman

Have a WONDERFUL day & Keep Smiling! :)

7 comments:

Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

You have been bitten by the Changito bug too, huh? Wonderful card! Have a mentioned how much I LOVE your coloring? :)

Karen said...

What a cute little card.

Alhambra Club said...

Yes, that monkey stamp is on my wish list, love the paper and your coloring as alwasy is right on.

Michele Kovack said...

I love this fun card! I think I will be buying this set....you enabler!

Tami Bayer said...

Such a wonderful little monkey card. But, I have to say that I love the quotes at the end. You have so many wonderful ones to share! Thank you.

Sharon in NE said...

He is adorable! Great layout too with the photo corners and single tab with brads.

And I LOVED the quotes.

Unknown said...

Your card is fabulous! (They always are!) And I love the patterned paper you used with Chitango! Great job!