September 17, 2007

Jeepers Creepers! ! !


Yesterday, when I was pulling weeds in my flower garden, I saw the BIGGEST, ugliest spider ever! First, I saw the huge web and then it moved and I couldn't help but scream! I *hate* spiders! So, why would I even consider buying a spider stamp?! Good question! :)

But, this little spider is sort of *cute*... and harmless! The wood mounted stamp is from the Stampendous Window Art Collection and appropriately named "Spider Window". I embossed it with Stampin Up detail black embossing powder and colored with prismacolor pencils.

The shimmer glitter background paper is by Heidi Grace Designs - Jeepers Creepers/Candy Corn. The tag is punched from another pattern - Halloween Circles with Glitter. At first I thought the candy corn ribbon might be a bit much, but my sweet DIL, Jami at Crazy Daisy Creations gave it to me and I wanted to use it! I *love* candy corn and I'm really craving it after making this card! It's a good thing I don't have any right now because I would probably eat the entire bag! :)

I'm SO excited that my sister Judy from California is coming tomorrow! Yay! : ) I'll pick her up at the airport in Omaha and then maybe we'll go to lunch somewhere by Village Point Mall so I can make a stop at Archivers. She doesn't stamp or scrapbook, but there are a LOT of other cool shops out there too.

Have a terrific week everyone! Smiles, Pam :)

Quote for Today ~

"A sister is a gift to the heart, a friend to the spirit, a golden thread to the meaning of life." ~Isadora James
and here's one especially for my younger sister. . .
"It was nice growing up with someone like you - someone to lean on, someone to count on... someone to tell on! " ~ Unknown :)

13 comments:

Thanh Vo said...

Hi Pam! Enjoy your time with your sister. That little spidey is so cute! I dont like spiders, but I try to not kill them (not insinuating that you do), because they eat other creepy crawlies! Yech.

Unknown said...

That card is so stinkin' cute! I don't think I've seen that stamp before...and I love it!

Have fun with your sister! And I hope you find the Janome Sew Mini. :-)

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

Very cute card. Have fun with your sister.

Unknown said...

Very cute card! (and I don't like spiders either...yuk!)

Sharon in NE said...

I love all that candy corn!!

Eat at Firebirds!!! Its at Village Point Mall and justifies the drive to Omaha for Steve. And then I say, "while we're here, I think I'll just slip over to Archivers" and then he just slips over to Scheels Sports; Jake goes to American Eagle...we're ALL happy. Enjoy your time with your sister!

pescbrico said...

You are right, the only way I can like a spider is if it's a stamp! LOL I would have scream too. My husband call that my "bugs scream". I just cannot help it!
Your card is great :)

Debbie said...

Yikes, a spider! Very cute card. Love that background paper, Pam.

Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

That is just the CUTEST, Pam! Oh how darling!

Alhambra Club said...

What a great card, love the paper and that stamp is too cute.

Alhambra Club said...

What a great card, love the paper and that stamp is too cute.

Tami Bayer said...

Not a fan of those big ugly spiders either. They always seem to show up in the sink or shower at the most inopportune times. Love your adorable spidey card and the candy corn ribbon is just perfect. Enjoy your visit with your sis.

Maria said...

That spider is definitely cute. I love the layering and the pattern paper goes so well with your design. Great job!

Maria

Michele Kovack said...

Love this card! It is so darn cute!