September 09, 2007

{ Mall of America } "Left Behind" Challenges ~

Goodness, has it really been 4 days since I've posted?! Whatzup with that?! Life gets busy sometimes and I simply run out of hours in the day. Dang, I hate it when that happens! Trust me, I would much rather be spending time in my craft room than working! :) But, if we don't work, we can't "play"... or SHOP for more stamping goodies!

Speaking of SHOPPING...several of my STAMP SHACK friends are currently at the Mall of America enjoying the Archiver's sponsored SCRAPFEST 2007. I really wanted to go and would have loved the opportunity to meet them all. They've been posting photos and telling about all the FUN they're having. :)

Well, some of the clever and creative gals that weren't able to attend, decided to post some challenges for those of us that were "Left Behind".

Challenge #1 was posted by Pascale of Quebec, Canada and she wanted us to create a purse shaped card or a card with a purse on it. Afterall, you need a purse to shop the MOA! Honestly, I didn't even think I had a purse rubber stamp, but low and behold, I did!! This cute little stamp is from Stampin' Up! set TAG TIME. I created a little 3 x 3 gift card.



Challenge #2 was posted by Christie from Texas and for her challenge we had to visit the Mall of America store directory website. We had to look at all the stores they have there and find one that would be the inspiration for our card. We could make a card, an atc, bookmark, whatever. My inspiration came from the "Autumn Cottage" store and this is my autumn card...


The tree is a Hero Arts stamp and "Happy Autumn" was part of another stamp by PSX. The background paper is Fall Folliage by Karen Foster. I've used Stampin' Up! cardstock to layer the images...so saffron, more mustard and really rust.

Challenge #3 was posted by Cindi from Maine and she asked us to make a card with a shopping theme. It could have shopping bags, a saying about shopping, or an image of someone shopping. Well, I just happened to have this funny American Art Stamp I hadn't used in a long time. This was a super quick card because I didn't even take the time to color the image! The background is a double sided black/white paper scrap and I don't recall who makes it. The image was punched out with the Marvy Uchida mega circle and layered with the giga scalloped punch.
After I finished this one, I realized it would have worked for Challenge #2 also... the store inspiration was "White House - Black Market". :)

These challenges were so FUN and I was able to use some stamps I hadn't used in a long time! If you have never visited the Stamp Shack, I totally recommend you do. Everyone is so friendly, supportive and very CREATIVE!

Have a wonderful day! Smiles, Pam :)

Quote for Today ~

"Whoever said money can't buy happiness simply didn't know where to go shopping." ~ Bo Derek

4 comments:

Colleen Schaan said...

I LOVE the store challenge...what a great idea! Super cool cards for the challenges...I especially like the black and white one.

Sharon in NE said...

What a great theme and with a quote to match. Love it. The b/w is wonderful. I love the different DP. All great cards!

Alex said...

Great challenge cards Pam! I love that little purse and the quote for today is perfect. Love them!

*STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

Alhambra Club said...

These cards are great, what fun to create your own challenges.