October 23, 2007

Girls Just Want to Have FUN!


All Smiles ~ Terrific Mail Day ! ! !

Yesterday, I received the most adorable card from my friend Lesa in Massachusetts. It is a 4-1/4" square card with the cutest little image from Inkadinkado. She has colored the girls and added a sprinkle of glitter on their hair bows and on the pink scallops. I love it! And I'm so happy that Lesa is feeling creative, as it has been two week's since her first chemo treatment. If you have a minute, please stop by Lesa's blog, "One Voice, One Life, One Breast Cancer" and leave a comment or humorous quote to brighten her day and make her SMILE! :)

Last Friday, I received an email from my sister Judy in California titled "I'm a winner and so are you!" She was the lucky winner of a $20 gift certificate for a local scrapbooking shop and she asked what I wanted her to get for me. Seriously!? Obviously, I responded without hesitation and told her I could always use some Christmas papers. I'll be darn if she didn't go shopping right away, mailed them on Saturday and I had them already on Monday! Wooo Hooo! Check out this wonderful variety of beautiful papers...there is even one for "sisters" and a "30th" paper!(our daughter Katie turns 30 in December) How FUN! Now I can't wait to create something with them!


Also, I've received Suzi's holiday circle journal for Shuggy's swap and will be working on that this week. It's such fun to see how each person creates their two-page spread. Her theme is "holiday traditions" and we have several in our family so this will be a JOY to work on.


On a serious note, do you know anyone who lives in the southern California area where all these disastrous wild fires are burning out of control? My nephew is going to school in San Diego and told me last night that he is safe...about 15-20 miles away from the closest fire. My dear friend Tami at Dapple Designs lives by Lake Arrowhead and had to evacuate yesterday. I've been thinking of her all day and of all the others living in that area too. I cannot imagine going through this. How tragic to see the beautiful land around you burned to ashes, or even worse...your home and everything in it. Let's pray for them and their safety...and for all the firefighters too. God bless them!

I'm not feeling very creative tonight so may just browse a few cardmaking blogs for inspiration. Have you all heard of Google Reader? Am I the last to know about it? It is wonderful! And makes it much easier it is to keep up with new posts on all my favorite blogs. If you haven't already, do check it out. I promise, you'll be glad you did! :)

Have a terrific week everyone and Keep Smiling! ~ Pam :)

Quote for Today ~

"Happiness is not the absence of conflict, but the ability to cope with it." ~ unknown

1 comment:

Tami Bayer said...

Thanks for all your well wishes Pam. We are doing well, and our home is still there waiting for us when we can return to it.