November 18, 2007

So Grateful ~ a Simple Gift Idea!


Where oh where did this week go?! I can't believe I haven't posted since Monday! It's been a busy week so I didn't get much time to stamp, but I'm hoping to make up for it today! :)

I just finished a simple little gift for my sweet DIL Jami. She asked me to go with her to Sioux Falls yesterday and we had the BEST time! Jami drove and I was supposed to be the "navigator". Well, we were busy chatting and I missed one of our turns and we ended up in Sioux City, IA! No problem, we laughed about it, found the mall and shopped there for a couple hours before heading on to Sioux Falls for more shopping at my favorite rubber stamp/scrapbooking store ~ Scatter Joy. From there we went to the Empire Mall and that's where I found this cute little ceramic acorn at the Hallmark store. The top comes off to reveal a spice-scented candle inside that smell's yummy!

I'm hoping to do some more stamping today and hope to make a card with some of my new stamps and patterned paper. So stay tuned for more! Smiles, Pam :)

Tag supplies ~
Stamps: Stampin Up Think Happy Thoughts, center acorn & leaf from portion of a Lockhart Stamp - Give Thanks.
Paper: Stampin Up really rust, so saffron, marigold morning
Ink: Versafine vintage sepia, detail clear embossing
Punches: Stampin Up scalloped circle, also 3/4", 1-1/4, 1-3/8" circles. Other: ribbon, copper cord, eyelet
Quote for Today ~
“Faith sees a beautiful blossom in a bulb, a lovely garden in a seed, and a giant oak in an acorn.”
-William Arthur Ward

4 comments:

Jami Speidel said...

Ohhh! How cute! I can't wait to see it in real life! (You're so sweet!)

Anonymous said...

I can guess the size of the acorn by the tag, but where in the mall did you find such a cute thing? I never find things like that at the mall.

Sharon in NE said...

That is adorable. How nice of your son to marry someone so special.

Angel said...

I had to smile at your post. I am from Sioux City. Living in GA now.... but smiled at your post!