March 30, 2008

Springtime Smiles! {Beate's WSC #41}


Beate's Weekend Sketch Challenge along with this adorable smiley flower image from Sarah {Loobylou} have brought me out of my stamping ennui. :)

Thankfully, I don't get sick very often because I really don't have the patience for it. It's been over a week now and I'm still coughing and have very little energy, but I want to think I'm on the mend!

This is a 4-3/4" square card and I've layered it with one of my favorite K & Company patterned papers from the Wild Saffron line. The coordinating yellow piece was put through my Cuttlebug with the new Swiss Dot embossing folder. All the layers were stitched down with my Janome Sew Mini machine.

This super cute smiley sunflower image is from my friend Sarah in Australia. She commented that they were "to keep me entertained"! LoL :) I love them and enjoyed coloring the image with my prismacolor pencils. The "Smiles" sentiment is a tiny woodmounted rubber stamp by A Muse.

Thanks so much for blogging by. Wishing you Springtime Smiles! ~ Pam :)

Quote for Today ~
Spring is nature's way of saying, "Let's party!" ~Robin Williams

Word for Today ~
ennui \on-WEE\, noun: A feeling of weariness and dissatisfaction arising from lack of interest; boredom.

Supplies ~
Stamps: smiley sunflowers - unknown; Smiles sentiment - A Muse
Cardstock: Stampin' Up - blue bayou & wild wasabi; K & Company - wild saffron
Ink: Versafine Onyx Black, Tim Holtz tea dye distress ink
Other: red brad, stitching, prismacolor pencils

9 comments:

Alex said...

I am sorry to hear you have not been feeling well, and glad you are starting to get better! It has been an awful year for sickness!

Your card is adorable Pam, love the paper you used and those flowers are too cute! Great job! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

Anonymous said...

Pam, your card is wonderful! I am glad to hear you are starting to feel better!
Hugs and smiles

Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

Pam this is just ADORABLE! You always make me smile with you creations! Hope you're feeling better soon!

JoAnna said...

I love this card!!! The smiley faces are the cutiest. I hope you feel better soon :)

JoAnna

Heather Grow said...

No one does cute as well as you. Adorable card.

Anonymous said...

sent you a comment. did you get the package I mailed you around Easter time? Tami

Michele Kovack said...

This immediately brought a smile to my face! This is so cute! I hope you are feeling better soon!

Angel said...

I'm glad youre feeling better. Love your cheery card!

Anonymous said...

first visit to your blog, just love it! Keep up the good work. Hugs Sue from S.A.