October 12, 2008

Trying Mish's Mass Production!

One of my stamping idols ~ Michelle Wooderson of "MISH MASH" blog fame ~ is often creating in mass production. In one of her recent posts, she encouraged us to try it to build up our "stash" of cards, by simply mass producing them. What a wonderful idea! I've done this before when participating in cards swaps, but don't do it this way on a regular basis. Usually I create a one-of-a-kind card and find it hard to part with it afterwards. Now, that's just wrong! :) So, from now on, I'm planning to create at least 3 cards of each design. That way, I'll develop a "stash" and hopefully send out more cards too!


This is an ATC I made for a recent swap. You'll notice that I incorporated Michelle's mass production techniques by cutting out all the paper, stamping & coloring all the images, assembling in layers and adding the embellishments.















Do most of you create one-at-a-time or do use the mass production way? If you haven't tried it, I recommend you check out Michelle's blog because I know she'll inspire you too! She's incredibly talented and you'll be amazed.

Back to my ATC...isn't this image just as cute as can 'bee'? :) It's called "Biker Bee" by Stampendous. I've colored the images with prismacolor pencils and distressed the edges with tea dye Distress Ink by Tim Holtz. The denim background paper is by K&Company and the distressed red polka dot by My Mind's Eye. I printed "liberty" on my computer and cut out the little tags. You may think I'm a little 'out of season' with this, but patriotism is always in season. God bless the U.S.A!

Speaking of that, now I'm off to watch the lastest presidential debate. No, I don't care for politics, but I want to be an informed voter...or at least TRY to be. :)

Have a HAPPY week! Smiles, Pam :)

Quote for Today ~

"I like to see a man proud of the place in which he lives. I like to see a man live so that his place will be proud of him. " ~Abraham Lincoln

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Pam!

I'm afraid that I almost ALWAYS mass produce. I am not creative like you "one-of-a-kind" stampers -- once I figure out something I like, I make a lot of them!

In fact, I just finished making about 15 of the same birthday cards (for my Shackie friends). And to be perfectly honest with you, I'm probably going to make another 10-12 of them soon!

Your ATCs are adorable. I need to visit your blog more often!

Nancy

shuggy said...

i love the atcs!! i usually make one card, then if i like it i make a few more right then while it's still fesh in my memory!!!

CreativeMish said...

Great ATC's! Some day I'll sit down and make a huge stash! LOL! I think of that often but haven't done it yet

Amy Rohl said...

Pam,

These atc's are absolutely darling! I'm a big Mish Mash fan as well! Thanks for stopping by my blog. I'll be back to see what you're up to as well Ü