October 17, 2008

Wishy Washy with a Boss's Day Card ~

Yesterday was Boss's Day and I decided to make a card for my new boss. Honestly, I actually looked at the Boss's Day cards in two different stores and didn't find the right one or I would have bought it. I was being very wishy washy that he might think it was "lame" to get a handmade card, but at the last minute that's just what I did, like it or not. :) Of course, I also baked a pan of chocolate chip bars because I knew he would like those!

Anyway, he opened the card and said "where did you get this cool card?" and when I told him that cardmaking was one of my hobbies and I made it for him, he was so impressed and appreciative. It really made my day...probably more than I made his. :)

Sorry, I totally forgot to take a picture of his card! It was almost idential to this graduation card I made earlier this year, except I wrote "Happy Boss's Day!" in the memo box with my chocolate chip Stampin Up marker.



I didn't get much time for any other stamping or cardmaking this week, but I hope to this weekend!

Thanks so much for stopping by today! Have a wonderful weekend and try to find time for YOU!


Quote for Today ~ from my friend Gayle at Mountain Moma:

"A woman who works with her hands is a laborer,
A woman who works with her hands and head, a craftsman.
A woman who works with her hands, her head, and her heart is an artist."
~ St Francis of Assisi

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, what a fabulous masculine card. I'm sure your boss was touched with the fact that it was homemade. I love how you put this card together. Masculine cards are not easy to do.

Anonymous said...

That is a cool card Pam! I have trouble making cards for men, so I am always looking for inspiration.