November 09, 2008

Sharing a "Vintage" Wedding Photo ~


Dear friends, please don't laugh too hard and choke on your coffee... and remember, this was the 70's ... back when styles were a bit unusual, to say the least! LOL :)

There is a thread at The Stamp Shack asking all of us to share one of our wedding photos. Obviously, ours were taken WAY before digital was invented so I found our old wedding album in a storage box layered with dust on the top shelf of our closet. I vacuumed it off and took a digital photo...after I stopped laughing. :)

Do we look YOUNG? Well, we were! I was only 19 and Jim was just 21. We had jobs, but no savings, one car and a whole lot of growing up to do. I'm happy to say he's still my best friend and "Mr Wonderful". We celebrated our 35th wedding anniversary this past June.


You'll get a kick out of this...I saved all our wedding receipts and found them in my album. My dress cost more than my ring. It was $110, which was pricey for back then...and the ring was $67.25!!! How funny is that? {You'll be glad to know that I got a REAL diamond for our 30th anniversary.}

This post was totally spontaneous and hopefully you've enjoyed it. Would anyone else like to share your wedding photos with all of us? If you do decide to post them, please leave a comment with a link to your blog so we can see.
Have a great Sunday! I'll be back later to post the other projects from our fun Stampin Up workshop yesterday. Smiles...

Quote for Today ~
"I love being married. It's so great to find that one special person you want to annoy for the rest of your life." ~Rita Rudner

ETA: Oh my, this makes my post even funnier yet......someone just unsubscribed from my blog because of it!!! Yikes! I better stick to cardmaking... LOL :)
??? has unsubscribed from "Stamping with { Serendipity! }"
The reason is: 01: Content no longer relevant

5 comments:

Denise G said...

Loved the blog entry today... ESPECIALLY the wedding photo!! Oh my those were the days! Thanks for sharing and congratulations on 35 years! Life is good!
Denise G

LeAnne said...

Well, I think your photo is fabulous, as is your card & bag! And if someone unsubscribed just because of that, well, I guess I had better keep my comments to myself!!!! Congrats on your 35 years!
LeAnne

Debra said...

Congratulations on your anniversary, particularly 35 years! Wow!! Thanks for sharing your wedding picture, I LOVE it!! I don't have one, but I DO remember the 70's too!

shuggy said...

what a great picture!!! congrats on 35 years!!!

Thanh Vo said...

Congrats Pam! You didnt make me laugh, but I definitely smiled. It's so good to know that you and your husband have been together for this long and still support each other daily. hugs