January 12, 2009

In the Crazy Quilt of Life...


"In the crazy quilt of life,
I'm glad you're in my block of friends."

Are you familiar with the stamp sets I've used on these cards? They are two of the quilt sets from PAPERTREYink ~ Quilter's Sampler Sentiments and Quilter's Sampler Additions. These terrific sets were on my "Christmas Wish List" and thanks to my sweet DIL Jami, I was happy to find them in my stocking! :)

The "Sampler Additions" set has 20 different block styles to chose from, including one blank square that can be used for many possibilities. For this, I chose four different blocks, lined them up side by side on an acrylic block and stamped them as one image. I've colored my "quilt" with prismacolor pencils and SU markers, distressed and stitched the edges.
The card below is the first one I made when stamping with Jami on Christmas Day. I had quite a time with the layout, added the Cuttlebug zig zag border and finally just decided to leave it as it was. Tonight, I was looking at it again and proceded to add the patterned paper background, change the layout and restamp the sentiment in Versafine Vintage Sepia instead of black. The funny thing about this second card is that I really like it in real life, but looking at the posted photo, it seems a bit "busy". Please let me know what you think...or which one you prefer. Appreciate it!

The possiblilites for this set are endless and you'll probably see a lot more creations with it in the days to come. I can hardly wait! :)
Happy Stamping!
"Good friends are like quilts - they age with you yet never lose their warmth." ~Author Unknown

16 comments:

Gail S. said...

Pam -
I have this stamp set also - I love it. Both cards are beautiful. I love the colors. I need to get brave and try to sew on a card!

Stamp and Smile said...

So fun! I LOVE the Crazy Quilt cards... FABOULOUS colors, zig-zag scoring and the sewing is very nicely done. Thanks for the lovely comments on my blog... I'll be popping in again soon! You have a SWEET blog... Smiles! :)

Alex said...

This card is great Pam and I totally love that sentiment!!! And, the color combo is awesome! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

Alex said...

This card is great Pam and I totally love that sentiment!!! And, the color combo is awesome! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

LeAnne said...

Darn, I had just resigned myself to the fact that I really didn't "need" this stamp set and here you go, enabling me again. Especially since I have that little zig-zag folder! Absolutely precious, both of them, love the colors!
LeAnne

LeAnne said...

Oh, I forgot.....I love both of them, and the second one is NOT busy!
LeAnne

Debbie Fisher (debbiedee) said...

I don't have this stamp set yet, but it is on my wish list. Quilting is so relaxing to me, even though I don't do it as much as I would like!

I love the colors you chose for your card.

CreativeMish said...

I have this set and I love it! I love the colors that you used and also your addition of stitching!

LINDA said...

What a Great Card!! I have an award for you over on my blog. When you have a min. hop on over and get it..Hugs Linda

pescbrico said...

I so love this stamp set!! You made a gorgeous card with it!

Paula Barin said...

Love your cards. I just ordered the set from Papertreyink last week. I can't wait to get them.

thimbles bobbins paper and ink said...

Oh Pam! Oh my, this is beautiful! What a coincidence that just today I posted my first card using this set too. But mine definitely pales in comparison to your cards. They are both gorgeous! Just perfection. Love the blue and green combo. Is that the cuttlebug border zig-zag on the second one.

Again, you've really worked your wonderful magic with this set.

Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

This is just beautiful, Pam! LOve the colors you chose.

Michele Kovack said...

I think they are both lovely! Not busy at all!

Tami Bayer said...

Jennifer just posted a gorgeous card with this set, too. It must be a sign. LOL... I love both of your cards, but the remake has a better flow and pulls the eye around a bit better for me.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.