May 16, 2009

In the Perfect World...


Another wonderful weekend! YaY! :)

I want to share the fabulous Mother's Day card that my sweet DIL Jami made for me. Don't you love the designer paper and that big beautiful flower?

Several of you use to follow Jami's blog {Crazy Daisy Creations} and know she hasn't had much time for stamping and blogging lately. Since graduating last December, she's been busy substitute teaching and also doing a lot of jewelry making. My photo doesn't begin to do it justice, but check out this GORGEOUS silver and black necklace & earrings set she made me for Mother's Day!...

The next photo is of Jami (on the left) and her friend Karmen at a recent craft fair. They had such a beautiful display of handmade jewelry! Sadly, they didn't have a lot of customers, but I think they had fun doing it!


The next photo was taken on Mother's Day... our son Andrew (Andy) with Jami and their german wirehair - Ber. They are in front of the apple tree in our backyard.

I wish our daughter Katie and her fiance Warrick could have been here too, but they're living in Nevada now and busy with work. She called and always sends me a great card too, rotating between funny or "mushy". This year's card was really cute with the following sentiment...

"In the perfect world...
there would be no such thing as work... calories wouldn't exist... every day would be a good hair day... and everyone would have a Mom like you!"

How sweet is that?! It makes my heart SMILE. :)

Wishing you a wonderful weekend filled with all good things...and especially time to do as you please!

Smiles,




Quote for Today ~

When you look at your life, the greatest happinesses are family happinesses. ~Joyce Brothers

5 comments:

Tami Bayer said...

So glad you had a wonderful mother's day. Your cards and gifts are gorgeous. Love the photo of your granddog. We used to have a german short hair, such sweet dogs.

Sue from Oregon said...

Wonderful creations! You were a lucky Mom! I know it is hard when you don't get to see all your babies in person though! Just picked up my mail and see a treat from you! Going to open it after I complete my chores...my reward and incentive to get busy LOL! Thanks!

Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

What a beautiful card and jewelry set Jami made! How sweet! Lucky you! Please give Jami a big squeeze from me! :)

LeAnne said...

So nice--thanks for sharing with us!

Stamp and Smile said...

Darling photos!! Lots of HAPPY SMILES and beautiful jewelry... Jami and her friend are super talented!! Your Mother's Day card is adorable with those springy colors and YUMMY flower!! TFS!! :)