May 16, 2009

{WSC81} Just droppin' in to say . . .



. . . you made my day! :)

I'm so glad I've had time to stamp today and create a card for the Weekend Sketch Challenge hosted by Charmaine at Oodabug Alley.

When I first saw this sketch, I thought it would be easy to create a card with it, but for some reason I struggled! Mainly because the first image I had colored didn't work well with the ribbon and scalloped circle. So, I went to Plan B and stamped and colored another Changito monkey from the same set ~ Changito Birthday ~ by Stampendous. I ordered it when I was at The Stamp Garden in Sioux Falls last month and she mailed it to me.

The FUN designer paper is from the Basic Grey Cupcake paper pad I received from winning Sue's blog candy last week. There are several different wonderful prints in this pad and I'm going to enjoy them all! The sentiment for this challenge was supposed to be under the square, but I'll have to try another one with it that way. Be sure you go to Charmaine's blog and see her super CUTE get well card and all the other awesome challenge cards as well!


On another topic . . . have you ever had a microdermabrasion facial? For Christmas, the kids gave me a gift certificate to a local spa and I decided to use it this morning. It didn't hurt, but I could feel it, and it sounded like she was sand-blasting my face off. LOL :) Now my face feels like a baby's butt! :) The esthetician said... at MY AGE it's very important to remove those dead skin cells. :) And, of course she sold me a bottle of miracle hydrating anti-aging cream too! I'll keep you posted if I begin to look years younger! HA! :)

Smiles 2 U my friends!


Quote for Today ~
Wrinkles should merely indicate where smiles have been. ~Mark Twain

5 comments:

Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

Pam, this is ADORABLE! I LOVE the colors and that adorable monkey! So happy and fun! Thanks for playing with the sketch!

LINDA said...

Absolutely Darling.. Love the little monkey and those papers are just wonderful.
Hugs, Linda

Mona Pendleton said...

Pam, this card is way too cute! I love all the vibrant colors! BTW I have not had a mircrodermabrasion yet but I have had chemical peels. Keep me posted on your "Miracle" cream! I personally like Skinceutical products-anything is worth a try!:)

Michele Kovack said...

What an adorable card!!!

Alex said...

Very adorable Pam - you totally ROCKED the sketch challenge! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex