January 16, 2010

Happy Bird-day to My Mr. Wonderful!



Today I'm back with another "GUY" card and this one was created especially for my "Mr. Wonderful" who will be celebrating his 58th birthday on Monday.   I know he'll like the rustic, outdoorsy look...and especially the pheasant.  It's from the Stampin' Up! Autumn Days set.  The pheasant was stamped in Staz-on Timber Brown and clear embossed and then I cut it out and attached with small clear adhesive dots.

All the cardstock is from my scrap stash and I've distressed it with the Stampin' Up! jumbo Texture wheel and sponged the edges with chocolate chip ink.  The sentiment might be a bit "cheezy" for this card, but I liked it and thought it appropriate.  It's from the Stampin' Up! Pun Fun set.



The card I posted on January 4th for my son's birthday using the Noble Deer set is still my favorite.  If you just started following my blog and missed it, be sure to check it out.   It was created using Mercy's Tuesday Sketch #55 and today I've just used a modified version of that sketch.

Speaking of new blog followers, I am *so excited* to have finally reached 100!  I know it's not all about the numbers, but gosh it's nice to know you're out there reading this silly 'ol blog of mine!  I've been uplifted and encouraged by all your sweet comments and it really does motivate me to keep stamping it up!  Big HUGS to you all!

Now, I really need to get off the computer as my neck and shoulders are killin' me this week!  On Wednesday evening I went in for an hour massage with one of my Christmas gift cards and that was *heavenly* and really helped, but today the pain is back with a vengeance!    : /

Before I log off, I want to remind you all of my Stampin' Up! 5/8" Satin Ribbon Share!  In addition to getting all the beautiful ribbon,  you will have a have a 1 in 3 chance of winning a free stamp set of your choice from the Sale-a-Bration catalog!!  Click HERE to view my recent post with all the details!  :) 

I can hear my oven timer going off so I better scoot!  I'm baking a loaf of Tastefully Simple Wheat Beer Bread and it smells YUMMY!  

Thanks for stopping by today and do come back again SOON!   I've got the cardstock for the ColourQ Challenge here and I'm hoping to play along yet this weekend!

Happy Stamping & Smiles 2 U, My Friends!


Quote for Today ~
Our birthdays are feathers in the broad wing of time. ~Jean Paul Richte

6 comments:

thimbles bobbins paper and ink said...

Your Mr. Wonderful is one very fortunate man! What a LOVELY card. And you, my friend, are a lovely person. Happy birthday to your Mr. Wonderful and thanks for sharing this fabulous card.

Tammy Hershberger said...

Love the colors on this, Pam! Great "manly" card!

Debbie Fisher (debbiedee) said...

Another AWESOME guy card! Happy Birthday to your hubby!

CreativeMish said...

What a beautiful card and awesome layout!!! Looking forward to the ribbon :)

Cindy Haffner said...

Pam this is FABULOUS, i love all the texture!!

Vicki Burdick said...

Awesome card for your guy!! I love it and I am loving all your distressing!!!