March 15, 2010

{MTSC65} Two Scoops of Spumoni Please!



You're probably thinking by the title of my post that you're going to see a card with an ice cream cone today! :)  Actually, "Two Scoops" is the name of this designer paper by Basic Grey.  I didn't realize it until just now or I would have looked for an ice cream and cake stamp to use instead of this floral image from Stampin' Up!'s Close as a Memory set.  : )   My sweet DIL Jami & son Andrew gave me a big goodie bag of cardmaking supplies for my birthday and this beautiful paper was included.  Isn't it pretty?  I just love it...and all the other things as well!!



This fabulous sketch is by Mercy Kerin of Lord Have Mercy fame and today is THE DAY to play along with Mercy's Tuesday Sketch Challenge!!


The base of my card is Stampin' Up's pretty in pink cardstock and I've actually zig zag stitched the designer paper before adherring to the base.  The "thank you" sentiment is from the All Holidays set and I've punched it out with the Word Window punch from Stampin' Up! and used silver brads on the ends before attaching with dimensionals.  No distressing on this card, can you believe it?!  ;)

If you're wondering where I've been this past week, I'll tell you it was a busy one...some GOOD, some not so good!!  First of all, the GOOD...I volunteered to participate and "teach" a couple classes at a ReLay for Life Cropping for a Cure scrapbook event this past weekend and needed to prepare for that.  What FUN!!  I had never done anything like this before and it was incredible to see what these gals could create in a weekend of scrapbooking!   {photos and more about that in another post!}  Secondly, because of all the snow this year, our deck collapsed, damaging the sump pump line; we got water in the basement and had to take out the carpet.  Ugh!  What a mess!   Anyway, I hope to be back to stamping and cardmaking and posting more regularly this week.  : ) 

Thanks so much for stopping by today! 
Remember, you're all invited to join us for
Mercy's Tuesday Sketch Challenge!


If you need a bit of inspiration to get started,
please blog on over and see what Mercy's Muses have created:
Cindy Haffner ~ Cindy Haffner's Corner
Jackie Pedro ~ The Scalloped Edge
Pam Varnell ~ The Stamping Addict
Julie Lacey ~ Stamps and Taxes!
Crystal Birr ~ The Messy Stamper
Jessica Diedrich ~ The Whimsical Butterfly
Mercy Kerin ~ Lord Have Mercy {our Queen Muse}
and our Guest Muse for March . . .
Dawn Easton
Treasure Oiler Designz

Simply create a card or scrapbook layout using the sketch above, and link your creation to Mister Linky on Mercy's blog. Be sure to use the keyword MTSC65 when uploading to a public gallery.

Happy Stampin & Smiles 2 U!



Quote for Today ~

Seize the moment. Remember all those women on the Titanic who waved off the dessert cart. ~Erma Bombeck

10 comments:

Dawn Easton said...

Pam, your card is so pretty! I love the softness! That dp is gorgeous and now you have me wondering if I happen to have some...lol. Must check today ;)

Sorry to hear about the deck and the water in the basement :(

Anonymous said...

Beautiful! I love how you added the stitching around the image and the paper is yummy!!

Julie said...

Gorgeous as usual, Pam! Sorry to hear about your flooding issue...what a nightmare! :)

Cindy Haffner said...

So soft and beautiful.

Marisa said...

I never tire of that wonderful flower image! Great touch with the stitching around the circle. Great use of this week's sketch too. Sorry to hear about the deck...hopefully things will be up and running shortly. Way to go on the Cropping for a Cure event :D

Michele Kovack said...

This card is beautiful Pam!!!

Jessica Diedrich said...

BEAUTIFUL, Pam! I love the soft colors and WOW your stitching never ceases to amaze!

Deb said...

This card is so pretty, love the designer paper and the stitching, mine never seems to turn out that beautiful! TFS

Gail S. said...

Beautiful card :) I hate to hear about your mess in the basement. The weather guy says a chance of more snow Friday and Saturday...I am sooooo ready for Spring. Hope your week is a good one.

Unknown said...

pam...this is gorgeous! love the pinks and blues, and your sewing is just top-notch, lady! amazing sample again this week, sweetie!