April 14, 2010

With Heartfelt Sympathy


Sadly, there are often times we need a special sympathy card and it's good to be prepared with a supply on hand.  It seems that I'm usually creating them as I need them, and such is the case this evening.   This is for a dear friend who lost her sister to cancer. 

Do you recognize the layout?  It is Mercy's Tuesday Sketch that I used yesterday, but I've flipped it to put the sentiment in the oval.   I love this layout and you'll probably be seeing more of it! 

Not much to chat about tonight and I've got some things to accomplish so I'm making this brief.  Thanks soooo much for stopping by!   


Have a blessed day!


"For some moments in life there are no words." ~David Seltzer

Supply List:  All Supplies are Stampin' Up! unless noted.
Stamps:  Close as a Memory
Ink: Baja Breeze, Versafine Vintage Sepia, flowers were colored with Stampin' Write markers direct to rubber.
Paper:  Mauve Mist (retired SU color), designer paper (K & Company)
Other:  oval dies (Spellbinders), white linen thread, stitching with Janome Sew Mini, buttons

5 comments:

Vicki Burdick said...

Great card Pam, so sorry about your friends sister.

Gail S. said...

It seems like I have been making more sympathy cards than anything else lately. Thanks for sharing - I love this set and I love your beautiful card. Heard on the news about the 2 kids that lost their lives in a house fire up there in Norfolk, so sad. Hope you have a good week.

Marisa said...

This is gorgeous, Pam. Such a soft feel to it and your sponging is fabulous. Love the colours you used and the stitching is a fabulous touch. I'm sure your friend will find comfort in your card and support during this difficult time.

Jessica Diedrich said...

This is a stunning card, Pam. I know, it's so hard to create these kinds of cards but the papers and elegance are just the right touches. I love this!

CreativeMish said...

Very pretty and so heartfelt.