June 01, 2010

{MTSC76} Treasure the Moments


Hello My Friends!   
I'm so happy you've blogged by today! And you're just in time for another *fabulous* sketch challenge by Mercy Kerin from Lord Have Mercy!

Here's the sketch . . . and check out Mercy's new modern black and white design!  I *love* it!


We hope you'll consider joining us in the challenge this week! Simply create a card or scrapbook layout using the sketch above and link your creation on Mercy's blog.  Please use the keyword MTSC76 when uploading to a public gallery.
If you need a little dose of inspiration
hop on over and see what
Mercy's Muses have created...
Cindy Haffner ~ Cindy Haffner's Corner
Jackie Pedro ~ The Scalloped Edge
Pam Varnell ~ The Stamping Addict
Julie Lacey ~ Stamps and Taxes!
Jessica Diedrich ~ The Whimsical Butterfly
Mercy Kerin ~ Lord Have Mercy {Queen Muse}
and introducing our June Guest Muse . . .
{ d r u m   r o l l   p l e a s e }
Jessica Knutsen
from There She Goes
 We are all SO happy to have her join us this month!



I had planned to create and post a patriotic card for Memorial Day, but this is what transpired instead.   The verse reads  "Memories ... Treasure the moments ... savor the past ... remember." 


What did you do for the Memorial Day holiday?  I would enjoy hearing how you celebrate.  Are you on the go or is it a quiet day of reflection and relaxation instead?  We had a mixture of both this weekend.  In fact, it was such a fabulous weekend, I don't want it to come to an end! 

As always, thanks so much for stopping by and for taking the time to leave a comment and say hello.  I really do *love* hearing from you . . . it makes my day!  : )

Happy Stamping & Smiles 2 U!


And I'm proud to be an American,
where at least I know I'm free.
And I won't forget the men who died,
who gave that right to me.
And I'll proudly stand next to him to defend her still today,
'cuz there ain't no doubt I love this land, God bless the USA.
~Lee Greenwood

Supply List:  All supplies are Stampin' Up! unless noted.
Stamps:  Treasure the Moments (Hero Arts)
Ink:  Vintage Sepia (Versafine)
Paper:  Pretty in Pink, Naturals Ivory cardstock; designer paper (K&Company)
Other:  pink button, linen thread, pink organza ribbon (Ribbon Boutique), stitching with Janome Sew Mini

9 comments:

Laura Evangeline said...

I think this card is beautiful and perfect for the occassion! Even though it's not traditional... perhaps it's for a lady vet! :-)

Kathy Martin said...

LOVELY card! Great soft colors! :)

Gail S. said...

Another beautiful card Pam!! I had a wonderful three day weekend. Saturday the wind blew like a demon but Sunday and Monday were wonderful. Went to a BBQ on Sunday and on Monday I took my newly graduated son to Best Buy in G.I. and got him a laptop computer for college. :) Today - it was back to work like usual :(

Pam Varnell said...

This is so pretty Pam and so elegant. Love it.

Marisa said...

Love the soft feel to this card, Pam :D Fabulous use of Mercy's sketch and that sheer ribbon/bow is perfect. Great stitching too :D

Vicki Burdick said...

Gorgeous!!!

CreativeMish said...

Beautiful card. Love the soft colors

Unknown said...

absolutely stunning!

Debbie Fisher (debbiedee) said...

BEAUTIFUL! So vintage-licious!