May 04, 2010

{SSSC67 & Curtain Call Act 28 } Never More Than a Thought Away


Since I didn't get an opportunity to play along with the Sweet Sunday Sketch Challenge this past Sunday, I decided to try it today and combine it with the Curtain Call Color Challenge.  These are two of my favorite challenges and I want to thank Karen and Stacy for all the inspiration week after week!


I'm not sure why my colors don't look as pretty as these!  I did use Stampin' Up! Rose Red and Not Quite Navy, but mine appear to be more of a patriotic red and navy.  The base cardstock is Kraft (soon to be called Crumb Cake!) and I've used the Very Vintage jumbo roller and Sahara Sand ink to create the background. 


Isn't this a fabulous layout?  It's a keeper in my book!


This is a fairly simple card, but it took me forever to make it happen.  Does that ever happen to you?  Sometimes the mojo is there and sometimes it flew the coop!  I've come to rely on designer paper so much that it is difficult for me to create a card without it.  

How's your week going so far?  Tomorrow is Happy Hump Day and then on to the weekend countdown!  Yes, I live for my weekends!  :)

Happy Stamping & Smiles 2 You!



"I like her because she smiles at me and means it."  ~Anonymous

Supply List:  All products are Stampin' Up! unless noted.
Stamps:  Very Vintage jumbo roller, Vintage Vogue, Whimsical Words
Ink:  Rose Red, Not Quite Navy, Sahara Sand, Versafine Vintage Sepia
Paper:  Kraft, Rose Red, Not Quite Navy, Naturals White
Other:  Top Note -Big Shot die cut, Button Latte, antique brass brads, linen thread, polka dot embossing folder (Cuttlebug), stitching with Janome Sew Mini

9 comments:

Stacey Schafer said...

you're selling yourself short here, Pam! your card is gorgeous, gorgeous:) have missed your projects here at the Curtain Call...thanks for playing along this week!

Unknown said...

Your card is beautiful! I like the colors!
dining room table

Michele Kovack said...

This is gorgeous! I love the colors and yes, that LO is a keeper!

Vicki Burdick said...

I simply LOVE it Pam!!!! I Loved that you used the top note!!! Great job with both challenges!!

Marisa said...

I'm going to mug the UPS guy when he finally shows up with this set LOL! Can't wait to get it. You have used it wonderfully with the sketch and with our Curtain Call colours. Your simple card that took longer than need be paid off :D It's lovely. For what it's worth, a lot of my cards come into being that way!

Lea L. said...

This is very pretty! I love the cluster of flowers!! Thanks for joining us at the curtain call this week!

♥♥♥Lea

Carole Pillon said...

I love the treatment into this card, very vintage in my opinion. Flowers, colors, arrangement are at the correct place.

http://www.lescartesdecarole.fr

CreativeMish said...

Very nice! Its such a casual, jeans kind of feel to it.

Shelley said...

This set is awesome with any color combo, but for some reason this one really speaks to me! Just beautiful. Super job, Pam!