June 19, 2010

Make Mine a Double!


Ice Cream, that is!  : )

WoW!  What a week it has been!  You may have heard that Nebraska had some major flooding this week and some areas of our state were especially hard hit.  The most tragic aspect of this week's floods was that a young man died when a railroad bridge collapsed.  Our hearts reach out to his family and we lift them up in our thoughts and prayers. 

The business where I work sustained very serious flood damage.  We've had to move out of our office building into a temporary facility until it can be cleaned up.  They have all the water pumped out and have been tearing out carpet, tile, sheetrock, etc.   Our maintenance crews have been working 24/7 to get the production plant fully operational by Monday.  In fact, one of our production teams was able to work today, so there is light at the end of the tunnel!   :)   {At the bottom of this post are a few photos I took Tuesday afternoon when we were sandbagging...before the serious flooding took place.  If you want to read more about our local floods, please visit the Norfolk Daily News website at  http://www.norfolkdailynews.com/ }

THANK YOU to those of you who emailed and expressed concern about our flooding.  I appreciate it!    : )

Now, on to the reason you came to visit me today . . . here is a happy little card with another one of the cutie pie Pure Innocence images!  Isn't she adorable? And wouldn't you just love to share that ice cream cone with her?!  


The base cardstock is Stampin' Up! Basic Gray and the designer paper is by Glitz Design. {Maya}.   I've used Mercy's Tuesday Sketch Challenge as my inspiration for the layout.  The photo below shows how I've finished the inside of the card.


It was a warm and sunny day when the flood waters started rising. These photos were taken Tuesday afternoon (6/15) and the flooding occured later in the evening.

This is our joist yard with one of the production buildings in the background.


A landscaped area in front of our office building. 
 It looks like a lake here, but it isn't supposed to be!

Working to fill sandbags for around the office and plant doors.
Such camaraderie and no real sense of urgency at this point in time.


My Mr. Wonderful went fishing with our son in South Dakota for Father's Day weekend so it's very quiet here.  Thanks so much for stopping by and for listening.  ; )    I hope to be back tomorrow to play along with the Sweet Sunday Sketch Challenge.   Stay tuned! 

Happy Stamping!




Seize the moment. Remember all those women on the Titanic who waved off the dessert cart. ~Erma Bombeck

4 comments:

Marisa said...

I had not clue about the flooding - had my head in the sand lately with being so busy with year end activities etc. Sorry to hear your work got hit hard. Glad to hear some production is up and running again. It blows me away what flooding can do - reminds me of Manitoba when the Red River flooded. Here's to more sunshine to help dry things out!!!

Darling card too! Nice mix of DPs and a very cute image :D

Cindy Haffner said...

Hi Pam FABULOUS job on Mercy's sketch!!

CreativeMish said...

Oh my Gosh! That is horrible about the flooding. I hope things get back to normal soon. I love this card. This stamp is simply adorable!

c said...

So sorry to hear about the flooding there. We were hit very hard with flooding here in Nashville a few months ago, so my heart goes out to everyone there. We know what you are going through. You are in my thoughts and prayers. Beautiful card BTW!