March 13, 2011

Custom Cardmaking is a Challenge!


Hip Hip Hooray! 
It's another weekend and I've got time to STAMP IT UP!  : )

For the past three hours or more,  I have been working on creating this "custom" card for a friend at work to give his wife for their upcoming 7th wedding anniversary.  I'm not sure why, but I find it much more difficult when I'm creating for someone else.   All I had to go on was that it was their 7th anniversary.   He didn't suggest favorite colors or whether it should be a romantic or fun theme.  I did ask for ideas, but he just said to do whatever I thought she would like.  Oh my, that's even more pressure.  ; )


I've been seeing a lot of these fun little pennant banners on cards so I had that idea in my head.  First, I was going to use 7 of them and number them 1-7.   As you can see, I've only used five pennants and simply stamped a "7" on all of them.   If you're wondering how I made them, I used my Cricut and the diamond shape on the "George & Basic Shapes" cartridge set at 1-1/4".   Then I just had to cut them in half.  I used naturals white and layered with early espresso brown.  

What I would really *love* to know, because I'm a newbie with a Cricut... is there a cartridge that has a pennant banner like this that you can cut all in one piece?    And while I'm asking, if you own a Cricut, what are your favorite "go to" cartridges?  Please leave a comment below so we can all read your suggestions!  Appreciate it!  ♥  

I couldn't decide what to use for a sentiment on the front and both "Happy Anniversary" stamps I own were simply too large and elegant looking.   So, I used my computer and a couple different fonts to type out "Celebrating US!"     Then on the inside I used a stamp from the "Best Yet" Stampin' Up set . . .

the inside...

The base of the card is 5-1/4" square of Early Espresso brown.  The designer paper is an oldie from my stash and don't ask me why I decided to use it.  ha ha     Recently, I ordered a few different colors of this awesome baker's twine from an Etsy Shop.  It's quite inexpensive and so great to work with.  I'm sure you'll be seeing more of it on my future cards. 

Thanks so much for blogging by today!   I hope you're enjoying your weekend and finding time to do what you most enjoy!

Smiles 2 U All . . .

Quote for Today ~
A wedding anniversary is the celebration of love, trust, partnership, tolerance and tenacity. The order varies for any given year. ~Paul Sweeney

3 comments:

Marisa said...

Fun DPs and I love the banner :) Sure it will be a hit. No Cricut here so can't help you out from this end.

Gail S. said...

Great card, Pam! She will love it and to think her husband thought of requesting a special card for her is so neat! I have a cricut but don't use it near as much as I should (I am a Big Shot junkie!!) I haven't seen a banner but they may have one.

Debbie Fisher (debbiedee) said...

I love this Pam and know she will too. I agree with Gail, how sweet that her DH ordered this for her!