October 16, 2011

{SSSC139} A Halloween Banner Card!


Look at me go!  Posting 2 days in a row after not posting for weeks.  I'm like that.  I go in streaks.   What I always seem to forget is how much I *love* hearing from all of you, my faithful blog followers.  You really are the BEST!  I hope you know that.  ♥    Thank you so much for the comments you left yesterday.   It's nice to be missed.  ;)

Today, I'm back with another Halloween card.  It's s not that I'm all that crazy about the holiday, but I had purchased this adorable little banner sticker the last time I was in M's and it was *perfect* for the Sweet Sunday Sketch Challenge today~!


This is actually only half of the banner...approximately 4".  I'll be able to make another card like this with the other half.  The other half has a brown owl, a *candy corn* and a bat.On a side note, this time of year, I get serious *candy corn* cravings.  So far, I have resisted, but I'm really temped every time I see them.  Honestly, I can easily eat an entire bag by myself!  Hubby likes me to mix them with dry roasted peanuts.  That's really good too.  Ok, let's get off this subject... 


This is a standard size card 4-1/4 x 5-1/2" using basic black cardstock.  I've layered on a spider web designer paper and stitched on some leftover scraps of crushed curry and tangerine tango from the card I made yesterday.   Even with the cute little banner, I thought there was too much white space, so I added the black buttons tied on with bakers twine.

Speaking of bakers twine, I've got a lifetime supply if you need any.   I've got brown/white and also black/white.  It's for sale (cheap!) in my Etsy Shop or you can always email me too.

I know you like to see the inside too . . .  using 2 of my dollar bin M's stamps.
 

That's all for today peeps!  Thanks for stopping by and I want you all to know that IF I had a big bag of *candy corn*, I would share it with all of you!  well, maybe. . .   ;)

Have a wonderful week!   


 Quote for Today ~
 Once in a lifetime one should be allowed to have as much sweetness
 as one can possibly want and hold. ~Judith Olney

9 comments:

Lu Holt said...

Two days in a row, I hope that means you're having fun!
Love the banner! And what cute spider web paper!
Candy corn.... pure sugar goodness. It's okay to dream of them, it's almost as good.
I visited you Etsy shop yesterday...
You're the best!

Sue from Oregon said...

So darned cute!!!

Marisa said...

Think you can't take the blogger out of you LOL ;)

Great take on the sketch and love the faces/characters on the banner.

I'll pass on the candy corn, but if you give me KitKat or and Oh Henry I'll grin from ear to ear for you :) Keep them coming!

Kathy Martin said...

Fabulous Halloween card! Love that banner! :)

Karen Giron said...

Your mojo is on a roll! Love the characters for your pennants and the stitching is fabulous!

Debbie Fisher (debbiedee) said...

Love your card!! Hey I'll take some twine off your hands. E-mail me the deets and I'll paypal ya!

Gail S. said...

Another card - Yeah!! I'll bring the peanuts if you'll bring the candy corn :)

CreativeMish said...

I kind of go in spurts, too. I'll post 3 or 4 days then not for a week or more... We have busy lives and I wish I had more time for crafting. Love that cute little banner you used. Great card!

Diane Noble said...

Very fun card inside and out. Love the sketch too...a really fun one with the banners. What a neat find. Totally fun and cute.