November 20, 2011

{cQc #111} Autumn Splendor


Look at these splendorific autumn colors the Arielle has chosen for this week's Colour Q color challenge!   Her inspiration photo and all the gorgeous samples by the cQc Design Team are what inspired me to play along.


I've used crumb cake cardstock for the base and distressed it a bit with the linen background stamp and some sponging of versafine vingage sepia ink.  The rich raspberry cardstock is the next layer and that's topped with naturals white. Notice my funky stitching...a little zig zag and straight stitch combined.  French Foliage by Stampin' Up! is the stamp set used with the challenge ink colors.  I think this set is one of my all time favorites by SU.


Here is the inside...stamped to coordinate with the front, but left blank.  I'll add a sentiment  for the occasion when ready to send.  My embellishments were kept pretty simple...just three little antique brass brads and brown and white baker's twine.


 Thanks so much for blogging by today!  I may not get a chance to post again before Thanksgiving, so want to wish all of YOU a very blessed day feeled with love and gratitude.   I'm so excited that I'll be spending the Thanksgiving weekend with my precious grandbaby, daughter and family in Nevada.  Emery is going to be 5 months old already on the 29th of this month.  Time flies and she's growing up sooo fast! 

she melts my ♥

God's blessings and Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family!

Quote for Today ~
What we're really talking about is a wonderful day set aside on the fourth Thursday of November when no one diets. I mean, why else would they call it Thanksgiving? ~Erma Bombeck

11 comments:

Arielle H Gordon said...

Oh, Pam - this is GORGEOUS! I love every little detail - that stitching is amazing! Thank you so much for playing along with us at the colourQ this week!

Arielle H Gordon said...

PS - that's the most darling baby, too!!!

Gail S. said...

Emery is really a cutie!!!! When do you head out there again? Great card - have a good Thanksgiving!

Sylvia said...

What a lovely card, Pam! Lovely stamping. Thanks for joining us at the ColourQ this week.

Marisa said...

Love leaves and love this set. You have used it fabulously for this wee's CQ. Enjoy your time snuggling your granddaughter and visiting with your daughter :)

Jenny Engelke said...

That is the perfect stamp set to use for this color combo. I love the stitching on this card. And, what a bonus to see the cute little face of your grandbaby, Emery, in this post! (p.s. her name is fabulous!) Happy Thanksgiving to you as well!

LeAnne said...

Lovely card, Pam....and the baby is a cutie patootie too! Have a great T-giving!

Debbie Fisher (debbiedee) said...

beautiful card and baby! Have a great Thanksgiving weekend loving on her.

Christina said...

Hi Pam! I've been such a bad blog friend, but I had to come by and tell you how much I LOVE this fall card! The colors look so wonderfully muted, and the stitching adds such a great texture. So glad you could join us this week at the ColourQ! Enjoy your time with your darling granddaughter!

Megan said...

Hi Pam! You left a comment on my blog and you WON my MFT giveaway! :) This baby is so sweet, too!

Contact me at meganlockdesigns@yahoo.com and I'll be sure to send it your way. I hope you love stamps and dies! :)

Megan Lock

PocketsOfInspiration said...

What an angel! I want to kiss that little cheek. Precious.